About Desjardins Insurance
Desjardins Insurance is a subsidiary of Desjardins General Insurance Group, a member of Desjardins Group, founded in 1944. Desjardins Insurance is a Canadian leader in property and casualty (P&C) insurance.
We offer automobile, home, recreational vehicle and pet insurance products for individuals and business insurance for companies through agents in Desjardins caisses in Quebec, Client Care Centres, our websites and, in some cases, smartphone technology.
Desjardins Insurance has had you covered for more than 25 years!
In 1987, Desjardins Group launched a new business model for its property and casualty insurance division. Desjardins began its move away from the brokerage network towards direct distribution, namely through the insurance agent network in the caisses. Since its founding, Desjardins Insurance has focused on the client experience, redefining industry standards for customer service.
Desjardins Insurance's arrival on the market came with a host of benefits for customers:
- Lower insurance premiums thanks to the removal of broker commissions
- The convenience of longer business hours, with sales staff on hand six days a week, plus evenings
- A claims department that is open for service 24/7 and the option to file a claim online and tracks its progress
- Quotes provided at the first contact
- Quick receipt of new insurance policies which are mailed out the same day
- Policy wording and terms in easy to understand language
Desjardins Insurance's latest innovation is AjustoTM. With this telematics program, the way people drive has a direct impact on how much they can save on their auto insurance.
Desjardins General Insurance Group (DGIG) 2012 Financial Review
2012 was marked by growth and profitability at DGIG, as reported in the Financial Review. This publication presents the company's financial results and main accomplishments.
Job Opportunities at Desjardins Insurance
If you're looking for a stimulating work environment where your skills are a valuable asset, check out our available positions.
TM Ajusto is a trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Inc.