About Desjardins Insurance
Desjardins Insurance is a subsidiary of Desjardins General Insurance Group, a member of Desjardins Group, founded in 1944.
Desjardins Insurance is a Canadian leader in P&C insurance. We offer automobile insurance, home insurance and business insurance products through agents in the Desjardins caisse network in Quebec, through several Client Care Centres, through our websites and, in some cases, through smartphone technology.
Desjardins Insurance has had you covered for 25 years!
In 1987, Desjardins Group launched a new business model for its property and casualty insurance division. Desjardins began its move away from the brokerage network towards direct distribution, namely through the insurance agent network in the caisses. Since its founding, Desjardins Insurance has focused on the client experience, redefining industry standards for customer service.
Desjardins Insurance's arrival on the market came with a host of benefits for customers:
- Lower insurance premiums thanks to the removal of broker commissions
- The convenience of longer business hours, with sales staff on hand six days a week, plus evenings
- A claims department that is open for service 24 /7
- Quotes provided at the first contact
- Quick receipt of new insurance policies which are mailed out the same day
- Policy wording and terms in easy to understand language
Desjardins General Insurance Group (DGIG) 2012 Financial Review
2012 was marked by growth and profitability at DGIG, as reported in the Financial Review. This publication presents the company's financial results and main accomplishments.
Job Opportunities at Desjardins Insurance
If you're looking for a stimulating work environment where your skills are a valuable asset, check out our available positions.