At Desjardins Insurance, we believe it is our duty as a P&C insurer to place sustainable development and social responsibility at the heart of what we do. Inspired by the cooperative values of Desjardins Group, we’re committed to contributing to the well-being of people and communities. Desjardins Insurance’s initiatives make up an integral part of the Desjardins Group Social responsibility and cooperation program.
The Desjardins Disaster Relief Fund was created to provide emergency financial assistance to members and clients facing difficulty following a loss that is not covered by their insurance policy. With an annual budget of 1% of the net income of Desjardins Insurance (up to one million dollars), the program provides assistance to:
- Clients of Desjardins Insurance and The Personal
- Members of Desjardins caisses in Quebec
Every year, Desjardins Insurance employees are invited to participate in the Desjardins Cares and Shares Campaign, by making donations to the United Way, the Red Cross and the Desjardins Foundation. Plus: to encourage employees to give generously, Desjardins Insurance tops up employee donations with a corporate contribution.
Launched in the spring of 2015, the P&C Insurance Outreach Program values, encourages and promotes volunteer and charitable work by employees. How does it work? Desjardins Insurance makes financial donations to the organizations that its employees support through the program.
For several years, Desjardins Insurance has raised awareness and helped educate its policyholders on how to protect their property from damage. We do this through the prevention tips and other useful information on our websites, through our partnerships with loss prevention organizations and through the Ajusto program.
Operation Red Nose: Road safety is near and dear to our hearts. That’s why Desjardins Insurance has been the official insurer of Operation Red Nose in Quebec since 1984 and in Ontario since 2014.
Traffic Injury Research Foundation (TIRF): At Desjardins Insurance, we also support organizations such as TIRF, an institute that seeks to reduce the number of accident-related deaths and injuries by raising road safety awareness and promoting good driving strategies and habits.
Insured with Desjardins Insurance and have safe and eco-friendly driving habits? You could be rewarded with major savings through the Ajusto program. The Ajusto app is 100% mobile and puts you in the driver’s seat to learn more about your driving personality.
With the Ajusto program, you can:
- Become a better driver
- Save up to 25% on your auto insurance premium at renewal
- Help make our roads safer
- Reduce your fuel consumption by adopting eco-friendly driving habits (by avoiding hard braking and acceleration and respecting speed limits, for example)
Environmental protection is a key component of sustainable development. At Desjardins Insurance, we’re friends of the environment, which is why we’ve significantly reduced our ecological footprint. How?
- By reducing business travel and fuel consumption (web conferences, video conferences, etc.)
- By reducing paper use
- By encouraging responsible purchasing
- By making our buildings and equipment more energy efficient
- By encouraging employees to use the Desjardins Alternative Transportation Program
Climate change is a major issue in our world today. As a leading P&C insurer in Quebec, we’re proud to support the Climate Reality Project, led by the David Suzuki Foundation and Al Gore. The Climate Reality Project is a non-profit organization that seeks to raise awareness among all Canadians about the urgency of the climate crisis, through various mediums including conferences.
With Desjardins Insurance, you can save on your insurance premium and help the environment too! Discover the Desjardins Green Program and get green insurance products for your home and your car.
- Green property insurance: Save 10% on your home insurance if your building is LEED certified. See our home insurance savings for more details.
- Green automobile insurance: Save up to 20% on your auto insurance premium, if you drive a fuel-efficient, hybrid or electric vehicle1. See our auto insurance savings for more details.
- Ajusto is underwritten by Desjardins Insurance, which refers to Certas Direct Insurance Company.
® Ajusto is a registered trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Inc., used with permission by Certas Direct Insurance Company.
- 1. Eligible vehicles and insurance premium discounts may vary by province.