Optional auto insurance coverage
Get a quote now!
5-Year New Vehicle Protection
Do you have a new vehicle?
Replacement cost insurance can be worthwhile coverage to have in the event of a total loss.
This coverage protects your vehicle against depreciation for up to 5 years.
- In the event of a total loss, your vehicle will be replaced with a new vehicle
- In the event of a partial loss, your vehicle will be repaired with new parts
Want the most popular coverages?
Benefit from a special package that combines the most popular optional coverage which are:
- Loss of Use
- Liability for Damage to Non-Owned Automobiles
- Emergency Road Service*
*Emergency Road Service: We will reimburse up to a maximum of $50 per occurrence for towing and emergency service expense necessitated by the disablement of the automobile. Receipts of expenses and acceptable evidence of loss must be provided. Costs associated with parts or supplies, fuel, oil, batteries or tires are not included.
Liability for Damage to Non-Owned Automobiles (Endorsement 27)
Renting or borrowing a vehicle?
This insurance covers damage to vehicles that you rent or borrow for short-term personal use in Canada or the United States.
Check your insurance policy to find out if you have this coverage. If you do, you won't need the additional insurance offered by the rental company.
- Included in the Trouble-Free Option®
For example, if you borrow your cousin’s pickup truck and you back into a lamp post, you’ll be covered for damage to the bumper.
Was the lamp post damaged too? Your liability insurance will cover property that doesn’t belong to you.
Renting or borrowing a vehicle abroad?
Your auto insurance doesn’t cover vehicles you rent outside Canada or the United States. However, you may have coverage through your credit card. Find out!
Transportation Replacement (Endorsement 20)
Do you need a replacement vehicle because your car was stolen or in an accident?
Provides coverage for transportation replacement costs if your vehicle is no longer drivable after a loss or damage covered by your policy. With this coverage, you get reimbursed for:
- A rental replacement vehicle
- Taxi or public transit fare while your vehicle is being repaired or replaced following loss or damage covered by your policy
Want to avoid paying a deductible?
With this coverage, no deductible payment is required when you make a claim
- In the event of theft, vandalism or an at-fault accident
Want accident forgiveness coverage?
With this accident waiver coverage, your first at-fault accident will be forgiven. That means your premium won’t increase as a result of the accident, for as long as Accident-Free Protection remains on your car insurance policy.
- The information provided on this page is meant for informational purposes only. Full details regarding coverage and exclusions can be found in the insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.
- ® Registered trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc.