Optional auto insurance coverage
Get a quote now!
5-Year New Vehicle Protection
Do you have a new vehicle?
This coverage protects your vehicle against depreciation for up to 5 years.
- In the event of a total loss, your vehicle will be replaced with a new vehicle
- In the event of a partial loss, your vehicle will be repaired with new parts
Want the most popular coverages?
Benefit from a special package that combines the most popular optional coverage which are:
- Loss of Use
- Liability for Damage to Non-Owned Automobiles
- Emergency Road Service*
*Emergency Road Service: We will reimburse up to a maximum of $50 per occurrence for towing and emergency service expense necessitated by the disablement of the automobile. Receipts of expenses and acceptable evidence of loss must be provided. Costs associated with parts or supplies, fuel, oil, batteries or tires are not included.
Liability for Damage to Non-Owned Automobiles
(Section A – Endorsement 27)
Do you often rent a car when you travel?
Provides coverage in the event that you damage a short-term rental or borrowed automobile anywhere in Canada or the United States.
- Rental vehicle must be for personal use
- Depending on the type of vehicle you rent, you may not need the insurance offered by the rental company
- This coverage is included in the Trouble-Free Option®
(Section B - Endorsement 20)
Do you need a replacement vehicle because your car was stolen or in an accident?
Provides coverage for transportation replacement costs if your vehicle is no longer drivable after a loss or damage covered by your policy. With this coverage, you get reimbursed for:
- A rental replacement vehicle
- Taxi or public transit fare while your vehicle is being repaired or replaced following loss or damage covered by your policy
Want to avoid paying a deductible?
With this coverage, no deductible payment is required when you make a claim
- In the event of theft, vandalism or an at-fault accident
Want to avoid higher premiums in case of an at-fault accident?
Your premium won’t increase on your first at-fault accident as long as the Accident-Free Protection remains on your car insurance policy.
- The information provided on this page is meant for informational purposes only. Full details regarding coverage and exclusions can be found in the insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.
- ® Registered trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc.