Desjardins Insurance brings you digital services to simplify your life. With our online claim tool, you can file an auto insurance claim entirely online in just 10 minutes.
Simple and innovative
Our online auto claim makes your life easier:
- Enjoy the same great service you get by phone, with the added convenience of a tool that’s optimized for mobile devices.
- File a claim after a collision, hit-and-run, theft, vandalism or other damage.
- Check your coverage, your liability and the deductible you need to pay.
- If you like, choose a body shop from our partner network and book your appointment through Desjardins Insurance’s online booking system.
It’s fast and convenient, so you can be on your way in no time.
Filing a claim just got easier
You’ve just had an accident. Now what? Wondering if you should file a claim for the damage to your vehicle? Use our online claim tool. Just answer a few simple questions to find out if you’re covered, and you can decide if you want to make a claim.
How it works
To file a claim online, log in to Online Services. If you’re not signed up yet, create an account. You can also use your smartphone or tablet. Just download the Desjardins Insurance Home-Auto App to get direct access to your insurance file.
The same steps, whether you call us or go online:
- Describe what happened and the damage to your car.
- Give information about any other drivers involved.
- Choose a body shop and book an appointment for a damage estimate.
Want to save a trip to the body shop? No problem—we offer the Photo-based estimate feature!
If you’re eligible, you can choose the Photo-based estimate option when you file your claim. Rather than taking your car to the body shop, you send photos of the damage.
To use this feature, first download the Desjardins Insurance Home-Auto App on your smartphone or tablet.
What to do:
- After submitting your claim, you get a text or email reminding you to send pictures of the damage within 48 hours.
- You see the function activated in the mobile app and get easy-to-follow instructions on how to take each photo.
- You send 12 photos in all. But you can send up to 6 more if you think they’ll be useful to the appraiser.
- Don’t worry if you miss the 48-hour deadline. Your claims advisor will contact you to book up an appointment with the body shop.
After you send your photos, the body shop will assess damage and call you to make an appointment for the repairs.
Two ways to file an online claim
On our secure site
Damage on your property? You can also file your home insurance claim online.
Visit the Claims Centre to find out the claim process by type of loss.
Car accident? File your claim online!
If you’ve had a car accident, make a claim online in minutes. You can provide all the information required, check your coverage, confirm your deductible, and even book an appointment with the body shop. All that, without ever picking up the phone!
These tips are provided for information and prevention purposes only. They are general in nature, and Desjardins Insurance cannot be held liable for them. We recommend using caution and consulting an expert for comprehensive, tailored advice.
In Quebec, Desjardins Insurance refers to Desjardins General Insurance Inc. In Ontario and Alberta, Desjardins Insurance refers to Certas Direct Insurance Company, underwriter of automobile and property insurance.