Building damage: What to do?
Your building was damaged as a result of a natural disaster or other event
What to do in 5 steps
- Secure the premises to avoid further damage, within reason (for example, temporarily boarding up a window).
- Make a list of damaged items and the damages to your building.
- Take photos of the damage.
- Call us: one of our claims advisors will get the claim started and work with you to make sure emergency measures are taken.
- Contact us before authorizing any repairs.
The content on this page is provided for information purposes only. Full details regarding coverage and exclusions can be found in the insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.