Collision: What to do?
Your commercial vehicle was involved in a car accident
What to do in 4 steps
- Stay at the scene of the accident. If possible, move your vehicle to a safe area on the side of the road to avoid blocking traffic.
- Take down the contact information of the other driver and of any witnesses.
- Don't be too quick to accept responsibility. Make sure you talk to a claims advisor first.
- Fill out a Joint Report or a Desjardins accident report (PDF) at the scene of the accident. This document provides the information you need to file your claim. A joint report doesn’t mean that you admit responsibility.
Call the police:
- If someone is injured
- If you are outside Quebec
- In the event of a hit and run
The content on this page is provided for information purposes only. Full details regarding coverage and exclusions can be found in the insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.