Commercial auto insurance
Types of vehicles we cover
Among others, our commercial auto insurance coverage can be applied to these vehicles:
Delivery and transport vehicles
Trucks and trailers
Passenger vehicles used for business
We offer comprehensive commercial car insurance coverage:
Covers accidental injury to third parties or damage to their property
Collision and upset
Covers damage to your commercial vehicles after a collision or rollover
All perils other than collision and upset
Covers your vehicles against fire, theft, vandalism, glass breakage, hail and flood
You can choose additional commercial auto insurance coverage among these options:
Protects your new commercial vehicles against depreciation for up to 5 years. In the event of a total loss or total theft, your vehicle will be replaced with a new vehicle (same model).
Value Plus Option®
Protects your used vehicle against depreciation for up to 5 years in the event of a total loss or total theft
Travel costs (broad form)
Covers additional expenses while one of your commercial vehicles is off the road following insured damage: car rental, taxi, accommodation and meals
Provides coverage if you (as well as your investors, associates or employees) damage a rented or borrowed utility vehicle in Canada or the United States
Exclusive advantage for Desjardins members
Do you have a Desjardins business account?
Get 15% annual cashback on your commercial vehicle insurance1.
Savings and benefits
Do you care about environment? Save:
- 10% if you have a fuel-efficient vehicle2
- 15% if you have a hybrid vehicle
- 20% if you have an electric vehicle
Get a special rate if you insure more than 2 commercial vehicles with us
Double contract savings
Get both your business and commercial vehicle insurance with us and save!
Some conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply. The text on this page is provided for information purposes only. Full details regarding coverage and exclusions can be found in the insurance policy, which always takes precedence.
- This offer may be cancelled without notice. The cashback amount is deposited approximately one month before the insurance policy renewal date. It will be calculated approximately 90 days before the policy renewal, based on the number of eligible vehicles covered by the policy. This amount is final and any subsequent change made before the end of the policy term will be considered at the next renewal. The policy must be in effect at the time of the deposit.
- The discount for fuel-efficient vehicles is granted in compliance with eligibility criteria determined by Desjardins General Insurance Inc. based on information contained in the Fuel Consumption Guide published by Natural Resources Canada.