Skip to Content

Insurance for real estate

Protect your building stock with insurance for real estate

With Desjardins Insurance’s commercial or residential building insurance (apartment complexes, retirement homes, etc.), you can cover your real estate inventory in case of an incident. We also insure condominiums, with a commercial or residential vocation.

Insurance for real estate: Basic coverage

Our basic coverage for real estate owners provides all-risk insurance with replacement cost and no co-insurance clause in the event of a claim. Among others, it includes coverage for:

Accidental breakage of windows and signs

Accidental damage to electrical, mechanical or electronic equipment

Fire department charges

Building damage caused by break-in

Accidental damage to walkways, parking lots and vegetation

Financial loss due to a fraudulent electronic funds transfer originating on the insured premises

Replacement of keys and locks if your keys are lost or stolen

Loss related to unpaid rent or condo fees

Insurance for real estate: Optional coverage

In addition to the most common optional coverages, you can customize your insurance based on what you need for your business:

Damage caused by water seepage from the roof of your place of business

Accidental environmental damage

Theft or accidental breakage of works of art

Directors and officers liability (condominiums)

Resident buildings (retirement homes and seniors’ residences)

Get a quote today for your business!