Get a quote now!
What is Alert?
Alert is an innovative prevention program offered to our home insurance policyholders. It comes with a free water and freeze detector. If the unexpected happens, you’ll get an alert on your smartphone, meaning you can act fast and limit the damage caused by water and freezing.
Want to buy additional detectors? You can buy them directly through the app at a preferred rate!
Alert is easy to use and reassuring. Just one more advantage of being insured with Desjardins Insurance!
[Copy on the screen: The Desjardins Insurnace Home-Auto App]
The mobile app from Desjardins Insurance offers the Alert program, which sends you a notification in real time on your smartphone when water damage or a frozen pipe risk is detected in your home.
Every year, water causes substantial losses and damage to countless items we hold dear.
To prevent such incidents, any Home Insurance customer can now receive a free water and frozen pipe detector.
All you need is a Wi-Fi connection at home and a compatible smartphone.
[Copy on the screen: Order]
First, simply download the mobile app and go to the Alert section. Then follow the few steps to get your free detector.
[Copy on the screen: Notification - Exclusive to home insurance customers]
Once you’ve received your detector, synch it to your home’s Wi-Fi connection using your smartphone, then all you need to do is install it on the floor close to appliances or water sources that are the most at risk.
[On the screen: Logo Desjardins Insurance]
If a leak or frozen pipe risk is detected, you’ll receive a real-time notification, wherever you are, so you can act fast to minimize water damage.
[On the screen: Desjardins Insurance Home-Auto App icon]
Take the first step towards a connected house and sign up for the Alert program now.
[On the screen: App Store and Google Play buttons]
[On the screen: Desjardins Insurance refers to Desjardins General Insurance Inc. in Quebec and to Certas Direct Insurance Company in Ontario and in Alberta. Conditions, exclusions and limitations may apply. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. ]
How does Alert work?
Download the Desjardins Insurance Home-Auto app
The app is free, without obligation and available for iPhone and Android smartphones.
No data plan required.
Order and sync your free detector
Open the app to order your detector and follow the installation steps once you receive it. It’s fast and easy!
The detector requires an at-home Wi-Fi connection.
Get alerts in case of incident
If water or a risk of freezing is detected, you’ll be notified immediately on your smartphone.
Sign up for the Alert program and enjoy the benefits
Desjardins Insurance is proud to be the only* insurer in Canada offering this type of home insurance prevention program, providing our clients with the added benefits of:
- Peace of mind because you have the ability to act quickly to limit any damage caused by water or freezing, and avoid the inconveniences that come with it.
- Reassurance there will be no impact to your home insurance premiums or claims, no matter what alerts you receive.
- * All Desjardins General Insurance Group subsidiaries offer this type of program.
- Certain conditions, exclusions and limitations may apply.
- Desjardins Insurance refers to Desjardins General Insurance Inc. in Quebec and to Certas Direct Insurance Company in Ontario and Alberta.
- Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and Apple Watch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Google Play and Android are trademarks of Google Inc.
- Alert is available in Quebec, Ontario and Alberta only.