Get a quote now!
Do you own a condo unit?
Then you need a condominium insurance policy to protect all the things that your condo corporation’s policy doesn’t.
Available for purchase online, insurance for condominium unit owners covers your personal property and improvements to your unit. Our condominium insurance also includes liability coverage in case you accidentally injure someone or damage their property.
Insurance for condominium unit owners
Our condominium insurance policy comes with the advantage of all-risk insurance. So it covers most accidents that could damage your property, for example:
- Your condo is destroyed by fire
- Someone breaks into your condo while you’re on vacation
- Your dishwasher or washing machine breaks and causes water damage
All-risk insurance covers accidents most people don't think of when buying insurance. For example:
- Your fridge falls down the stairs on moving day
- Your entertainment unit collapses because you didn’t put it together right, and your TV and DVR crash to the ground
- You kick over a bucket of paint onto your couch
- You drop your laptop and it breaks
With all-risk insurance, improvements to your condo, such as kitchen upgrades, are also covered.
Liability coverage for condo owners
Liability coverage protects you if you’re responsible for accidentally injuring others or damaging their property, for instance:
- You accidentally damage someone else's property (for example, your bathtub overflows and causes water damage to the neighbour's home below).
- You leave a candle burning and it starts a fire that damages your unit and the fire spreads next door.
- Your pet injures someone (for example, your dog bites a visitor).
Your liability coverage also covers legal fees if someone files a bodily injury or property damage lawsuit against you.
Basic liability insurance is $1 million. You can increase this amount up to $5 million under certain conditions.
Customize your policy with coverage options based on your needs:
Get additional water damage coverage for sewer back-up, water seepage and floods.Show more
Swimming pool and hot tub (Endorsements 33a or 33b)
Protect your above ground, semi-inground or inground pool or hot tub from damage caused by ice and snow.Show more
Escape of fuel oil (Endorsements 46b and 46c)
Get coverage for damage caused by a fuel oil spill.Show more
Good to know
When you travel, your condominium insurance policy covers your property and your liability no matter where you are in the world.
Read our keys to prevention to find out how you can protect your property against water damage, weather damage and natural disasters.
Practical assistance service
Your Desjardins condominium insurance policy comes with Desjardins Identity Theft Assistance at no additional cost.
- The information provided on this page is meant for informational purposes only. Full details regarding coverage and exclusions can be found in the home insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply. Online insurance purchase is available subject to our underwriting policies. Limitations and exclusions apply.