Skip to Content
New quote for homeowners

Get a quote now!

Insurance type

Home insurance is a must for homeowners like you. It’s essential to protect your most valuable asset against damage. Home insurance also covers your liability if you're responsible for accidentally injuring others or damaging their property.

All-risk insurance to protect your property

The advantage of all-risk insurance over other types of insurance is that it covers most accidents that could damage your property, including if:

  • Your house burns down because of a chimney fire
  • Someone breaks into your home while you’re on vacation
  • Your dishwasher or washing machine breaks and causes water damage


It also covers accidents people don't think of when buying insurance. For example:

  • Your fridge falls down the front steps on moving day
  • Your entertainment unit collapses because you didn’t put it together right, and your TV and DVR crash to the ground
  • You kick over a bucket of paint onto your carpet
  • You drop your laptop on the floor and it breaks

It also covers your residence and outbuildings (garage, shed, etc.).

You can include additional coverage in your insurance policy to protect your property against risks like sewer back-ups.

Additional living expenses

In the event of an insured loss, like a fire or water damage that forces you out of your home, Desjardins Insurance covers your additional living expenses.

  • Additional living expenses are the extra costs you have to pay because you can’t stay in your home during repairs.

Liability insurance

Liability insurance protects you if you’re responsible for accidentally injuring others or damaging their property, for instance:

  • You’re responsible for an accidental injury (for example, a visitor breaks a leg after slipping on your stairs because you hadn't cleared the ice).
  • You leave a candle burning and it starts a fire that damages your home and the fire spreads next door.
  • Your pet injures someone (e.g., your dog bites a visitor).

Your liability insurance also covers defense expenses related to bodily injury and property damage lawsuits.

Basic protection is $1 million. You can increase this amount up to $5 million under certain conditions.

Additional coverage

You can also get additional insurance coverage tailored to your needs.

H2O+ Protection

Covers you against damage caused by sewer back-up, water seepage and floods.

Show more

Pool, hot tub, spa and sauna (Endorsements 33a or 33b)

Protects your pool, hot tub, spa or sauna against certain types of damage caused by things like freezing or the weight of ice or snow.

Show more

Fuel oil leaks (Endorsements 46b and 46c)

Covers damage caused by fuel oil spillage and covers soil decontamination.

Show more

See additional coverage details


Good to know

When you travel, your home insurance policy covers your property and your liability no matter where you are in the world.

Read our keys to prevention to find out how you can protect your property against water damage, weather damage and natural disasters.

Practical assistance service

Your home insurance policy with us comes with Desjardins Identity Theft Assistance at no additional cost.

  • The information provided on this page is meant for informational purposes only. Full details regarding coverage and exclusions can be found in the insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.

See how easy it is to get the right coverage with Desjardins Insurance!

Get a home quote now

Speak with an insurance agent By phone: 1-877-699-9923

Remember my renewal dates