Get a quote now!
Your house may be your biggest investment – make sure it’s well protected.
Whether you call it house insurance, residential insurance or homeowner insurance, if you own a house, you need to insure it.
Homeowner insurance coverage protects your house and belongings against things like fire, theft and vandalism. It also covers your liability if you accidentally injure someone or damage their property.
Protect your property with all-risk insurance
We don’t just cover some risks, we cover most accidents that could damage your property. Here are a few examples:
- A chimney fire spreads to the rest of your house
- Someone breaks into your home while you’re on vacation
- Your dishwasher or washing machine breaks and causes water damage
Our all-risk Homeowners insurance covers accidents people don't usually think of when buying insurance. For example:
- Your fridge falls down the front steps on moving day
- Your entertainment unit collapses because you didn’t put it together right, and your TV and DVR crash to the ground
- You kick over a bucket of paint onto your carpet
- You drop your laptop on the floor and it breaks
All-risk insurance from Desjardins covers your house and any outbuildings (garage, shed, etc.).
Liability coverage for homeowners
Your homeowner insurance includes liability coverage that protects you if:
- You accidentally injure someone (example: a visitor breaks a leg after slipping on the ice-covered steps to your home).
- You damage someone else’s property (example: you leave a candle burning and it starts a fire that spreads next door).
- Your pet injures someone (example: your dog bites a visitor).
Your liability insurance also includes coverage for legal fees if someone files a bodily injury or property damage lawsuit against you Basic protection is $1 million. You can increase this amount up to $5 million under certain conditions.
Add the coverage you need.
Good to know
When you travel, your homeowner insurance policy covers your property and your liability no matter where you are in the world.
Read our keys to prevention to find out how you can protect your property against water damage, weather damage and natural disasters.
Practical assistance service
Your Desjardins Homeowners insurance policy comes with Desjardins Identity Theft Assistance at no additional cost.
- The information provided on this page is meant for informational purposes only. Full details regarding coverage and exclusions can be found in the home insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.