Desjardins identity theft assistance
Get a quote now!
With Identity Theft Assistance, you can speak to a lawyer1 and a psychologist2 referred by our team for:
- Advice on identity theft prevention
- Answers to your questions about identity theft
- Help to manage the stress of having your identity stolen
- Assistance to help you recover your identity3
This service is available 24/7, at no extra charge. All calls are strictly confidential.
When you might need Identity Theft Assistance
We can help in situations like these:
- Your passport is stolen and you want to know how to protect yourself against fraudulent use.
- You lose your social insurance card and want to check if any credit applications have been made in your name.
- You lose your wallet and want to know how to go about getting new identity documents.
Available to Desjardins home insurance clients
If you have a home insurance policy with us, you get Desjardins Identity Theft Assistance at no charge. We answer your questions and give you tips to help you prevent identity theft.
If you’ve had your identity stolen, we offer you personalized assistance by phone. You can speak with a lawyer for help recovering your identity and talk to a psychologist for help dealing with the stress of identity theft.
To take advantage, call us at By phone:1-877-771-3285 and have your home insurance policy number on hand.
- Certain conditions, exclusions and limitations may apply.
- 1. Identity theft lawyers are available Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding holidays). Outside of these hours, a coordinator from Desjardins Assistance Services will walk you through the initial steps and a lawyer will call you back.
- 2. Our psychologist service consists of a complimentary one-hour telephone consultation to help you manage the stress associated with identity theft and must be used within a year of the Identity Theft Assistance file being opened.
- 3. Desjardins Identity Theft Assistance provides a service only; it does not cover any financial losses.