Desjardins identity theft assistance
Get a quote now!
With Identity Theft Assistance, you can speak to one of our lawyers or to a psychologist1 referred by our team for:
- Advice on identity theft prevention
- Answers to your questions about identity theft
- Assistance to help you recover your identity2
This service is available 24/7, at no extra charge. All calls are strictly confidential.
When you might need Identity Theft Assistance
Our team is there for you if find yourself in a difficult situation:
- Your passport is stolen and you want to know how to protect yourself against fraudulent use.
- You lose your social insurance card and want to check if any credit applications have been made in your name.
- You lose your wallet and want to know how to go about getting new identity documents.
An advantage reserved for our clients
If you have a home insurance policy with us, you’re automatically eligible to take advantage of Identity Theft Assistance at no charge.
Call By phone:1-877-771-3285 to reach a member from our team of experts. Simply have your insurance policy number on hand when you call.
- Certain conditions, exclusions and limitations may apply.
- 1. Our identity theft lawyers are available Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding holidays). Outside of these hours, a coordinator from Desjardins Assistance Services will walk you through the initial steps and a lawyer will call you back. Our psychologist service consists of a complimentary one-hour telephone consultation to help you manage the stress associated with identity theft, and must be used within a year of the Identity Theft Assistance file being opened.
- 2. Identity Theft Assistance provides a service only; it does not cover any financial losses.