Skip to Content
Keep things simple with our tenant insurance quote

Get a quote now!

Insurance type

Bundle your car and property insurance and save!

Whether you're renting an apartment, condo or house, tenant insurance is a must. By bundling your car insurance with your tenant insurance, you can spend less and save more for the things that really matter.

Multi-Line advantage

Save up to 5% when you also insure your car with Desjardins Insurance. Plus, pay only one deductible if an incident damages both your apartment and your car.

Claims-Free savings

Save up to 20% if you are claims-free.

Cover your personal liability and your valuables

Did you know that, in the event of a loss, your landlord’s insurance only covers the building? To get liability coverage and insure your personal belongings, you need tenant insurance. Learn more.


Liability insurance protects you if you’re legally responsible for accidentally injuring others or damaging their property.

Learn more

When you might need liability insurance:

Water damage

Your bathtub overflows and damages the apartment below.

Damage to someone else’s property

You rent a chalet for a ski weekend. You overload the woodstove before going to bed and it causes fire. The damage from fire is substantial and the owner of the chalet decides to claim for it.

All-risk insurance

As time goes by, you’re likely to have more and more personal possessions. With all-risk insurance, you can protect your personal property against most accidents like fire, theft, vandalism and certain types of water damage.

Imagine being forced out of your apartment because of a loss. Would you be able to afford to live elsewhere while repairs were being made? Thankfully, your tenant insurance would cover your additional living costs.

Learn more

When you might need all-risk insurance:

Damaged furniture

Your husband drops a can of paint on your new couch and you need to replace it.


You lose all your furniture and clothing in a building fire and need to find somewhere else to stay.

Get Desjardins Identity Theft Assistance free

A team of experts is available to support you if someone steals your identity. This service is automatically included in your property insurance.

  • The information provided on this page is meant for informational purposes only. Full details regarding coverage and exclusions can be found in the insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.

There are better things to spend your money on. See how much you can save now!

Get a quote

Speak with an insurance agent By phone: 1-877-699-9923

Remember my renewal dates