$500 To Win
The contest is organized and sponsored by Desjardins General Insurance Inc. (“Desjardins Insurance”). It runs from January 29 to August 31, 2018, at 11.59 p.m. (EST).
Who can enter
The contest is only open to Quebec residents who submitted an online home insurance quote on the landing page at www.desjardinsgeneralinsurance.com/500 between January 29 and August 31, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.
One (1) prize of C$500 will be awarded to the winner in the form of a cheque.
To enter the contest, entrants must:
- Reside in Quebec
- Be at least 18 years of age on the draw date
- Have submitted an online home insurance quote on the landing page at desjardinsgeneralinsurance.com/500 between January 29 and August 31, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.
Each entrant has one (1) chance of winning.
No entry form or purchase required.
Employees, representatives and agents of Desjardins Insurance or any other Desjardins General Insurance Inc. entity and any persons with whom they reside are not eligible to enter the contest.
- The winner shall be chosen among all eligible entries by one (1) electronic draw on September 6, 2018, at the head office of Desjardins Insurance, located at 6300 boulevard Guillaume-Couture, Lévis, Quebec, G6V 6P9, at 3:00 p.m. (EST).
- The odds of winning are based on the number of quotes received on the landing page at desjardinsgeneralinsurance.com/500 between January 29 and August 31, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.
- The entrant is the person whose name is indicated on the home insurance quote received on the landing page at www.desjardinsgeneralinsurance.com/500 between January 22 and August 31, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. In the event that two (2) individuals submit an online home insurance quote together, only one (1) of them may answer the mathematical skill-testing question. The prize would be divided evenly between the two (2) individuals.
- To receive the prize, the winner must meet the eligibility conditions in these contest rules and:
- Be reached by phone within ten (10) days of the draw
- Correctly answer a timed mathematical skill-testing question over the telephone
- Accept the prize as awarded
- Consent to the use of their name, place of residence, likeness and voice in any contest-related advertising, without compensation
- Sign a declaration and release form in accordance with the terms stipulated by Desjardins Insurance, if required by Desjardins Insurance, and return it within ten (10) days of its receipt
If the winner does not comply with these conditions, Desjardins Insurance will randomly select another winner. The subsequent draw will proceed in the same manner as described in these contest rules, with the exception of the date, which cannot be the same.
Conditions related to the prize
- The prize will be sent to the winner within four (4) weeks of the draw date.
- The prize may not be transferred to any other person, or to the successor or heir of the winner.
- All quotes submitted as part of the contest remain the property of Desjardins Insurance.
- Desjardins Insurance reserves the right to change the contest terms and conditions or to terminate the contest at any time whatsoever without notice, subject to the approval of Quebec’s Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
- Desjardins Insurance reserves the right to disqualify any individual or cancel any entry that does not comply with these contest rules.
- All decisions by Desjardins Insurance are final and binding, subject to any decision by Quebec’s Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux with respect to matters under its jurisdiction.
- Disputes over the organization or conduct of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Disputes regarding the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie, but only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Desjardins Insurance cannot be held liable for any lost, misplaced or late entries or any malfunction whatsoever that may affect the availability or operation of its website or any component of its telecommunications systems or networks during the contest period. Nor will Desjardins Insurance be held liable for any damage to entrants’ computers or to the components of the computer systems used to enter the contest.
- By entering this contest, all entrants release Desjardins Insurance from any liability for any damages that may result from entering the contest or accepting and using the prize, should the individual be declared the winner.
- The contest is subject to all applicable laws.
- These contest rules are available in French on the landing page at desjardinsassurancesgenerales.com/500. In the event of a discrepancy between the English and French versions of these rules, the French version shall prevail.